Why Public Figures NEED Social Media

/, social media/Why Public Figures NEED Social Media

Why Public Figures NEED Social Media

Handling social media for a public figure is much different than handling it for a business or organization. It’s much more personal, and people view all the posts,and pictures as something that is coming straight from that individual. Being in the world of social media management and marketing, we know that just isn’t true. Most public figures don’t have the time (or sometimes the desire) to handle their own social media accounts. Sure, we have the Taylor Swift’s of the world out there that occasionally log on and make some lucky fan’s day, but more often than not, it’s a dedicated social media services manager handling all the content on the figures accounts.

All that said, there are a few things you want to be sure you are doing when it comes to handling the social media of a public figure. We’ve made it real simple for you by breaking down some of our top tips:

Return the favor.

Replying, retweeting or simply responding to someone’s tweet can have a lot of long term value. It’s also a great way to connect to your audience and show that you are looking at what they have to say and acknowledging them.

Take ownership of a hashtag

SWOT-copy

By creating a specific hashtag for yourself you create something for people to use when they are specifically referencing you or something related to you. They’re also great to create for specific events. They’re super easy to monitor and track afterwards as well.

Don’t disappear

This goes for any social media account you are managing, but especially with public figures. Don’t just stop posting for a week, or even a few days. You want fans and followers to know that they can always visit one of your channels for new topics and information. That’s not to say you can’t take the weekend or even a week off, that’s the beauty in scheduling tools like Buffer, you can schedule all your updates out in advance.

Keep tabs on your followers

Be sure you are interacting with your followers and noticing what they are saying to you. If they create an image with a quote by you on it, be sure to give them recognition. This will show other fans that if they too do something of this nature, you could recognize them as well.

Don’t be overly promotional

abstract-1233873_960_720

No one wants to follow someone that is constantly shouting at them to buy products. That’s why you need to make sure you have a system in place for how often you will mix on a promotional post with the rest of your content. People often follow the 20/80 approach where 20% of your content is promotional while the other 80% is fun, interactive, informative.

Now being a public figure comes with a lot of other responsibilities and concerns, you are your own success after all. So if you are ever in need of a quality social media manager to handle it all for you, give us a call!

By | 2016-11-29T05:26:59+00:00 April 27th, 2016|blog, social media|0 Comments

About the Author:

My name is David and I build things. Currently at Venerate Media Group www.veneratedigital.com grew out of a concept to move away from the static automation of social media. Rather than offering our clients a “One size fits all” approach we do something revolutionary – we listen to their needs and develop an action plan that will deliver results.

Leave A Comment