Twitter can sometimes seem like one endless stream of links and photos that is impossible to sift through. One of the biggest ways you can organize and streamline your Twitter experience is to use the Lists feature. Anyone can use them, and it’s a great way to cut through the chatter.
Don’t know where to start? Read on for our top 5 tips to make your Twitter life easier with using Lists:
- Organize the people you follow by industry. Whether they are marketers, manufacturers or musicians, separating them this way will allow you to streamline in which topics you are truly interested.
- Connect with thought leaders and influences. This serves several purposes. It gives you one place to go for updates from the top people in your industry, staying up on the latest advances or newest products. You can also subtly recognize people with whom you want to connect. When added to a list, people are more likely to follow you back.
- Monitor your competitors. You have the option to make a Twitter list public or private, and this is a great strategy to discreetly keep tabs on them. Monitor what kinds of content they tweet and how they interact with their followers; this can be used to improve your company’s Twitter strategy. Having a list of your competitors can also open up opportunities for you to join the conversation, when appropriate.
- Create lists for events. When you attend a large event, use the hashtag of the event to find people also in attendance, and connect with them. After the event is over, you will be able to stay in touch and on top of the topic.
- Create a list of “People You Actually Know.” Don’t forget about your friends! By keeping up on your friends’ tweets, you stay informed on what they’re up to, things they are interested in, and things relevant to your daily life.
Now that you’ve read our tips, what do you have to add? What are your sneaky tricks to make your Twitter experience better?