As a small business, it can be difficult to keep up with the ever-changing digital world. It seems like every day, there is a new trend or platform that you need to be using in order to stay ahead of the competition. But don’t worry – we’re here to help!
Our team of digital marketing experts has helped global brands create and grow their online presence, reach and convert more leads, increase revenue, and secure their place on the front page.
In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of content marketing and share with you five effective content marketing ideas that you can use to get started today.
Content marketing is KING
You have probably already heard that, in the world of marketing, content is king. In today’s digital world, that could not be more relevant for small businesses. In order to succeed in today’s online landscape, you need to make sure that you are creating high-quality content that will resonate with your target audience. But what exactly is content marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. In other words, it’s all about creating helpful and informative content that will help you achieve your business goals.
So why is content marketing so important?
There are a few reasons:
For one, Google loves quality content. When you create helpful, informative content, Google is more likely to rank your website higher in search results. And we all know that being ranked higher on Google = more traffic to your website = more customers.
Additionally, content marketing can help you build trust and credibility with your target audience. When you provide valuable information that helps solve a problem or answer a question, your readers will begin to see you as an authority figure in your industry. And when they trust you, they are more likely to do business with you.
Finally, content marketing is an excellent way to drive leads and sales for your business. By including calls-to-action (CTAs) in your content, you can encourage your readers to take the next step and contact you about your products or services.
What YOU can do about it
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of content marketing, let’s take a look at five content marketing ideas that you can use to get started today:
- Write blog posts: As we mentioned above, Google loves quality content. One way to show Google (and your readers) that you are creating helpful and informative content is by writing blog posts. Not only will this help improve your SEO, but it will also give you an opportunity to share your expert knowledge with your target audience. And if you’re not sure what to write about, try using keywords from the keyword list that your customers are searching for. Chances are, there are other people out there who have the same questions – and they’ll be more likely to find your blog post if it contains the keywords they’re searching for.
- Create infographics: There is no denying that people love visual types of content. In fact, studies have shown that articles with images get 94% more views than those without. So if you want people to read (and share) your content, make sure to include some eye-catching visuals. One way to do this is by creating infographics. Infographics are a great way to communicate complex information in a visually appealing way. And since they are so shareable, they can help increase brand awareness and drive traffic back to your website.
- Host webinars: Webinars are another great content marketing tactic that can help you generate leads and sales for your business. By hosting a webinar, you can share your expert knowledge with a large group of people all at once. And since webinars are interactive, you can also answer any questions that your attendees may have. Additionally, you can use webinars to promote your products or services by offering special discounts or coupons to those who attend.
- Create downloadable content: Downloadable content, such as eBooks, white papers, and checklists, is another great way to generate leads for your business. By offering helpful information in exchange for an email address, you can quickly build up a database of potential customers that you can market to in the future. Plus, since people need to opt-in to receive this content, they are more likely than not to be interested in what you have to offer.
- Use social media: Last but not least, don’t forget to promote your content on social media. With over two billion active users, there’s a good chance that your target audience is using at least one social media platform. So make sure to post the piece of content on all of the major networks – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram – and encourage your followers to share it with their friends and followers.
Content marketing is an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. By creating quality content, you can improve your SEO, build trust and credibility with your target audience, and generate leads and sales for your business.
Schedule a free consultation today!
Use the five content marketing ideas above to get started today. In case you having doubts about doing it on your own, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. Here at VMG, a leading digital marketing agency, we can help you create a content marketing strategy that will help your business succeed in today’s digital world.
Our full-service digital marketing portfolio includes strategy, user research, content creation, digital marketing optimization, branding, graphic design, app development, SEO services, email marketing, and community management. Individualized attention – matched with years of experience and expertise – allows us to meet and exceed our customers’ needs and match their goals.