How to Get Your Real Estate Company on Social Media

Connecting the community, as influencers.


Here’s a statistic for you: 90% of all homes are sold online!

Now, knowing this, it almost seems crazy for real estate companies not to be on social media. Think about it, someone sees a listing for a home on Facebook, follows a link to the realtor’s website, falls in love with the home, and the rest is history.

That’s why we have come up with a  few tips for Real Estate companies just starting out with their social media accounts.

  1. Create new social media accounts for your business

Don’t use your personal Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. for leads. Creating a business account on each social media platform displays a sense of professionalism and also provides potential clients a place to go where they know they will be able to see relative information and not have to muddle through your personal posts. Another great reason to set up business accounts is to be able to track your efforts through analytics. You’ll be able to see how many people are seeing your posts, how many new likes you get, the best times of day to share your content, etc.

  1. Area Highlights

Be sure to share community events, fun facts, neat restaurants, etc. This will give people looking for homes in your area, a sense of what it’s like to live there.

  1. Share relative content

A great way to draw people in is to share interesting articles from well known sites like Zillow, Trulia, or Realtor.com. You always want to share content from industry leaders in your relative field. Using these sites specifically is also great, because agents can list their clients homes as well.

  1. The Golden Rule

There is a saying when it comes to using social media for business, you want 80% of your content to be educational, fun, interesting, etc. and the other 20% of content to be sales. So with using social media for real estate, you wouldn’t achieve much success if you only posted listing updates and nothing else. The key is to blend your listing updates with a mixture of other relative content.

  1. Don’t forget to share your knowledge

Create a blog! If your real estate website is just being used as a means of updating listings, you need to jazz it up. Incorporate a blog into your site and share your industry knowledge, tips for buying or selling a home, a lists of favorite places to buy home decor, whatever. This will help you to establish yourself as a thought leader in the real estate market, give you more credibility, and help bring in leads to your site.
We know, this is a lot to take in. Especially if you are brand new to using social media for business. However, in this new digital world, it is essential to having a winning marketing strategy. Not to fear, that’s why we are here! You stick to buying and selling homes, and let us create and implement a successful social media strategy for you.